Built about 1860 by Eugene Pillot, one of the sons of Claude Nicholas Pillot, early Harris County settler. Taught trade by his father, Eugene Pillot became an outstanding builder in Texas coastal area. Original site of this house (near Atascosita Trail route) was south of Willow Creek, where General Sam Houston often stopped as a guest. Owned by family of John B. Griffin from 1920 to 1965. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1969 Supplemental Plate: Given in 1965 to Spring Creek County Historical Association by Mrs. Ruth Griffin McCourt in memory of her father, Edmond B.
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.