Swiss immigrant John Frey (1857-1925) and his German-born wife Mary (1862-1933) moved to Waller County in late 1889. They built a small two-room house, a barn, and smokehouse, and began a family farm. The couple eventually had fifteen children and added rooms to their home as their family grew. Now standing as an excellent example of a late 19th-century farmhouse, the house features fine milled wood details. Following the deaths of John and Mary Frey, the house became the property of their daughter, Margarete, and her husband Louis Benignus. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1990
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.