Historical Markers StoppingPoints.com Historical Markers, Sightseeing & Points of Interest Scenic Roads & Points of Interest
About Us | Photo Gallery | Free Widgets | Featured States | Search Site
Register or Edit LoginRegister
Home Texas Gillespie County Fredericksburg Fredericksburg Lodge No. 794, A.F. & A.M.

Fredericksburg Lodge No. 794, A.F. & A.M.

  Texas Historical Markers
Hale St. and S. Adams T., Fredericksburg, TX, USA

Latitude & Longitude: 30° 15' 53.88941999988", -98° 52' 40.28491999992"
    Texas State
Historical Marker
    traces its history to 1897 when a warrant of dispensation was granted by the Grand Lodge of Texas Ancient Free and Accepted Masons. The first worshipful master, D. C. Darroch, was installed by Neal Caldwell, deputy district grand master of the 47th Masonic District. Members joined from willow Creek, Kerrville, and Johnson City, and first met in the Schandua Building. In 1910 the Otto Kolmeier building located on East Main Street was acquired as the second home for the Lodge, and was shared with the Eastern Star organization. The Lodge moved to the Beckmann Building on West Main Street in 1925. Lodge meetings were held on the first floor, and the second floor housed Eastern Star meetings. The cornerstone for a new Lodge building was laid in 1963 at South Adams and Hale streets. Lodge members maintain a strong tradition of supporting education. An award named for President Mirabeau B. Lamar has been given annually, in addition to a scholarship. Many charitable causes have received assistance from the Masons, who continue to serve the community as they have for more than a century. (1997)

This page last updated: 7/15/2008

Fredericksburg Lodge No. 794, A.F. & A.M. Historical Marker Location Map, Texas

Related Themes: Texas Freemasons, Masonic Lodges, Freemasonry, Ancient Free & Accepted Masons
See more markers related to .