Organized in 1890 by the Rev. J.H. Linderman and a small group of charter members, this congregation was the only Methodist church in the county by 1984. The first worship services were held in a small wooden building which also served as the first county courthouse. The members met in a local schoolhouse from about 1891 until 1899, when their first sanctuary was completed at this site. That building was replaced in 1913 by a larger structure, and additional facilities were built over the years to accommodate the growing congregation. (1990)
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.