This congregation, established in 1868 and led by Elder Terrell Jasper, initially met in the local Masonic Hall until a frame church building was erected in 1876. A state charter was issued to First Christian Church of Denton in 1902. By 1904 a brick building was constructed at Hickory and Piner streets, the first of three structures to house the congregation at that location. The current facility at 1203 Fulton Street was designed by O'Neil Ford and was completed in 1959. The church continues to provide spiritual leadership in the community. (1997)
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.