The establishment of this cemetery in 1874 provided for the burial of travelers and residents of eastern Travis County who did not have a family graveyard. The land was donated by early Eanes settlers William and Sophia Teague, who also deeded part of their property for a church and school. Some of the burial sites are marked only with fieldstones, while others are identified by limestone or granite markers. The earliest legible tombstones is that of Mike M. Teague, dates to 1895. Texas Sesquicentennial 1836 - 1986
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.