Charles Rufus Rich (1857-1945) completed this building in 1906 as a combination ground floor general mercantile and second floor residence. A native of Texas, Rich had opened his business in Lovelady in the early 1900s. The commercial structure exhibits Italianate detailing and features paired corinthian colonettes beside the upper story windows. Ownership of the building remained in the Rich family for nearly 60 years.
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.