Formerly Biggs Field. It is a powerful arm of the U.S. Air Force Strategic Air Command and was first used in March, 1916 by the U. S. Army First Aero Squadron en route to Columbus, New Mexico, following the Pancho Villa raid. In 1925, it was officially named in honor of Lt. James B. Biggs, native El Pasoan. During World War II, it trained bombing crews who served their country with honor and distinction. Presented by the State National Bank of El Paso, 1962
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.