One of the oldest structures in Breckenridge, this ranch house was erected by Benjamin Tarver Brown (1831-1905), a Confederate Army Captain who came to Stephens County in 1866. He built this house in 1876, the year Breckenridge was founded as county seat. Limestone blocks were cut nearby for the 18-inch thick walls, and other building materials were hauled by wagon from Fort Worth. The structure was restored by Mr. and Mrs. H.C. Kelley, who purchased it in 1941.
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.