Designed by Fort Worth architect Wiley G. Clarkson and built in 1927, this building was enlarged twice, once in 1935 with Works Progress Administration funds and again in 1953 with designs by noted area architect Joseph R. Pelich, Sr. The original classrooms, principal's office and cafeteria were supplemented by additional wings. Named for a teacher who was the first woman to serve on the Fort Worth School Board, the institution shaped the growth of the neighborhood and its children. Architectural features include multilight frame windows and Spanish colonial revival details, including the tile roof and wrought iron lamps. State Archeological Landmark - 1983 Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 2000
Copyright © StoppingPoints.com, 2010. All Rights Reserved.