Historical Markers StoppingPoints.com Historical Markers, Sightseeing & Points of Interest Scenic Roads & Points of Interest
About Us | Photo Gallery | Free Widgets | Featured States | Search Site
California Historical Markers

Site Of Center Of Villa De Branciforte

California State Historical Marker, Santa Cruz County
SW corner of Water and Branciforte, Santa Cruz, CA, USA

Latitude & Longitude:
36.981417, -122.013987
      These school grounds were the center of Villa de Branciforte, founded in 1797 by Governor Diego de Borica of California on orders from Spain through Viceroy Branciforte in Mexico. Settlement existed as political entity until American occupancy of California. Remained as township until 1905 when annexed to City of Santa Cruz.

State Registered Landmark No. 469
Marker placed by California Centennials Commission in cooperation with Santa Cruz County Historical Society.
Dedicated November 17, 1950.

Last updated: 11/11/2009 11:05:23

Image Gallery

Site Of Center Of Villa De Branciforte Historical Marker Location Map, Santa Cruz, California